5 New Year’s Resolutions You Can Keep Up With
The new year is just around the corner and chances are, you’ll be making a resolution or two. Did you know, after just a month, only about 50% of people are still successful in keeping theirs? If you want to go into the new year confident that you’ll succeed in keeping your resolution, check out these New Year’s resolutions you can actually keep up with!
1. Exercise Regularly
This resolution doesn’t have to mean going to the gym every day, or starting a workout routine to do at home. This resolution can be as simple as taking the stairs instead of the elevator, riding your bike more often, taking small breaks throughout the day to stretch or take a little walk. If you currently go for walks regularly, add a couple minutes of running into your routine.
2. Save Money Toward Your Goals
The thing about saving money is that you can do so in order to reach a goal you want to achieve, and you don’t have to worry about not having enough money for everyday things, because it’s there if you need it. Saving money provides you with tons of benefits, and saving money by using a high-yield savings account can provide even more benefits. There are a number of things you can start saving for, and you only have to put a little money away each week or month. Decide on a set amount to put away every month, and start watching your savings grow. Here are some things you might save up for:
- Education Expenses
Saving money can also mean being conscious about everyday decisions you make. This could look like buying store-brand items at the grocery store, drinking water out of your faucet or fridge instead of continuously buying water bottles, or having preventative maintenance performed on your HVAC system to avoid costly repairs down the road. You can also save on your monthly energy expenses by upgrading to a high-efficiency HVAC system, switching out light bulbs, or programming your thermostat to your schedule.
3. Eat Healthier
Eating healthier is a resolution you’ve probably had at some point or another. It’s important to know that eating healthier doesn’t mean having to go on a diet or change everything you’re eating now. Eating healthy should be done in steps in order to be more easily attainable. Start eating healthier by doing small things like changing out milk chocolate for dark chocolate, cutting out pre-packaged foods, and incorporating more fruits and vegetables in your meals. You can also start eating healthier by shopping at local farmers markets for fresh, unprocessed fruits and veggies. Here are a few more steps you can take once you’ve achieved these smaller objectives toward healthier eating:
- Stop late-night snacking.
- Get more vitamins in your daily food intake.
- Try portion control.
- Grow your own garden and eat those fruits and veggies.
- Meal prep.
- Add healthy smoothies into your diet.
- Cut out processed sugars.
- Cut out unhealthy white carbs.
4. Have Fun
It’s easy to get caught up in work, the kids’ activities, and general day-to-day life, however it’s important that you still make time to have fun! After all, there are so many fun things to enjoy, and if you’re not taking time for yourself, you’re basically working for nothing! Try these simple ways to bring more fun into your life in the new year.
- Sign up for a dance, art, yoga, or music class.
- Read one book each month.
- Spend more time with family and friends.
- Have a game night.
- Go on one big vacation each year.
- Plan a date night with your partner.
- Try one new restaurant every month.
- Pick up a new hobby you enjoy.
- Give yourself a spa day (self-care day).
5. Maintain Your Home
One very important part of maintaining your home is taking care of its most important appliance: your HVAC system. Before the freezing cold of winter hits, or soon enough, the blazing heat of summer, make sure your HVAC system is well maintained to keep it working effectively and efficiently throughout the new year. Keep up with these checklist items for maintaining your home and HVAC system in 2023:
- Change air filters every 1-3 months.
- Clean air registers (air vents) around your home every 3 months.
- Clear your outdoor unit of any debris including sticks, leaves, and dirt every month.
- Program your thermostat according to your schedule and the change in the seasons 2-4 times a year.
- Schedule maintenance visits where a professional will come out to inspect, clean, and adjust aspects of your HVAC system to keep it running its best all year long.
Contact Childress Heating & Cooling
Childress Heating & Cooling is your local American Standard Customer Care Dealer in Southside, AL. We’ve serviced the HVAC needs of our community for almost 23 years! If you need HVAC maintenance, contact us! Our technicians are factory trained and certified to provide you with the best HVAC services around.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to be the first to know when more helpful blogs are posted!